A congregation of the Presbyterian Church in Canada.
We are located at 729 Bank Street at the corner of First Avenue. On-street parking available. Bus routes 1 & 7 will get you here. If you are arriving by Para Transpo, please give them the address for our ramped entrance, 181 First Avenue.
Open for Worship
Join us safely online with livestream service on Sunday 10:30 a.m.
The Session of St Giles has resolved to continue with in-person worship services on Sundays at 10:30 a.m., adhering to the 15% of capacity rule and other strictures imposed by Ottawa Public Health. Should there be changes in the direction to Ottawa Public Heath guidelines impacting in-person worship the Session would hold an emergent meeting to re-assess the status of in-person services.
Please observe the following ‘safe reopening protocols’:
1. Those attending worship must enter through the main entrance (Bank Street) unless they need access to the elevator in which case the ramped entrance on First Avenue should be used.
2. Hand sanitizer (recommended) will be provided at each of the entrances.
3. Those attending worship are required to wear masks that cover the mouth and nose.
4. We are keeping a register of people entering at the Bank Street door. If you use the elevator please ensure your name is recorded.
5. When entering the sanctuary, we ask that you proceed through the middle doors and middle aisle following the arrows to the pews that have not been taped off. You will be asked to sit 2 metres apart from fellow congregants in the pews, excepting those from the same household. Seating capacity is approximately 20 on the ground floor and 10 in the balcony.
6. Hymnbooks are not available. The hymns will be in the bulletin.
7. For the time being there will be no passing of the Peace.
- After the service, those exiting the sanctuary should leave by the side aisles following the arrows to the elevator/single side doors at the back of the sanctuary.
- Please avoid congregating inside the building after the service.
The office hours of the minister and church administrator will remain unchanged for the duration of the stay-at-home order. Should you wish speak to either in-person, please phone ahead to make an appointment.
The Church Administrator will be in the church office on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and will see people by appointment.
To connect with the Minister
Should you wish to contact the minister, the Rev. Paul Wu, his office hours are Tuesday to Friday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. He is available to meet in-person, by phone (613-275-2551), or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). For pastoral emergencies, call anytime!